Friday, May 20, 2011

Kam's first taste of STAGE FRIGHT!

Hello all!
Tonight was Kami's end-of-the-year program at her preschool, and I was so excited to see her get up there and sing all her little songs she has been practicing for the last month or so. While we were getting ready to go, her daddy told her to make sure and remember to sing loud and have a great time.

In the car on the way to her school program


Kensie Bug waiting on the show!

When it was "showtime," she came out with a big grin and looked so cute. The music starts, and there she goes, belting out that little song with every ounce of her being! It was so cute! She definitely remembered the "Sing loud," portion of the pep talk!
 
Kam is the 2nd from right on the front row... check out that grin!

Thing is, however, this enthusiasm only lasted for about half of the first song, then all of the sudden, I noticed the facial expression changing just a smidgeon. And then... there it was... bursting into tears screaming "Mommy, Mommy!" She decided she wanted NO PART of performing in front of all those people! I can't blame her... I mean, I have a bit of the phobia myself to this day, but as a kid, it was rediculous how bashful I was. Poor thing; she gets it honest! I tried everything I could think of to get her back up there on the stage, but the only thing I could get out of her was "No Mommy, I'm tiiiiiiiiired," in that whiney, pitiful little voice!

So... we watched the other kids sing and dance; begged her a couple of more times to go back up there with her friends; gave up; and then went to eat at Beans and Greens with Madison, Spencer, Carey, and Dean. Of course, when we went in the restaurant, she was skipping and jumping and singing like crazy! Oh well, at least we had a good dinner with good friends!
And of course, Kensie Bug had a great time! She always does when FOOD is involved! Check her out chowing down.... She is such a little piggy! :) I am loving how grown-up she is these days. She is becoming so independent and smart. And Lordie, Lordie, what a Daddy's Girl!



Well, I guess that is enough for now.... the sound of my husband's incredibly LOUD snoring is getting to be a distraction. Better go put him to bed :)
Good night, everyone!

<3 - Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment